Wednesday, September 22, 2010

James the Rat's Blog

James the Rat finding a beautiful passage in The Golden Bough; I'm certain the world has seen stranger things...kidding James, I'm sure you are very sensitive... Anywho, I enjoyed this blog immensly and am certain that I would have been equally drawn by the poignancy of these lines set down by Frazer. I think it is also really important to realize the full extent of indoctrination among these tribes which set their children to the task of parlaying their ideals and ensuring their deliverance from a harsh winter. These lines are powerful in that they homologize the act of Summer and Winter and summer and winter themselves. I suppose this is the aim of homeopathic magic, but it seems so affective when set to verse and performed by children.

No comments:

Post a Comment