Monday, October 18, 2010

Bad Bad Days

"The man-god must be killed as soon as he shows symptoms that his powers are beginning to fail, and his soul must be transferred to a vigourous successor before it has been seriously impaired by the threatened decay." James G. Frazer p. 309

I think that king's day, when his people deem him unfit to rule, would be much worse than anything I can bring to the table, but I suppose I'll give it a whirl. This is just one of those irritating things... I finally bought a car of my own. A white Buick Park Avenue, and I paid for it myself, with money I had worked really hard to earn. I had owned this car one week, I repeat one week. Driving to a town in which I was working, at 5:30 in the morning, a deer decided to komikaze out in front of me and sacrifice itself for the sake of beginning my a terrible day. It completely destroyed my grill guard and knocked one of my headlights out. I also did not have washer fluid at the time and...this is where it gets graphic...the deer had been scattered across my windshield, to put it gently. I had to drive the rest of the way with deer smear across my window and barely no visibility...luckily no more deer were up for sacrifice that day. When I finally reached my destination, I had to go directly to work. The horse I was riding bucked with me twice, and I had to deal with him being chargy all day. When I finally was done, I came back to where I was staying and discovered that my employer's horses had escaped, ran directly to my car, and chewed ALL of the weather stripping from around the windows. So much for a new car...

No comments:

Post a Comment